Kriya Yoga Practitioners and Teachers
- Centre de Yoga Tripoura—Christian Pilastre: Master Kriya Instructor. Trained by Ganesh Baba. He is also a yoga teacher in the Sivananda line. He and his wife, Martine, run the Centre Tripoura center, which is in the west of France.
- Eve Neuhaus: Master Kriya Instructor- firstname.lastname@example.org. Trained by Ganesh Baba. Currently in France.
- Lyndsey Anderson: meditatewithlyndsey.com. Trained by Keith Lowenstein. Currently in Upstate New York.
- Drea J Lett: Mujeres de Medicina. Trained by Keith Lowenstein. Currently in Mexico.
Suggested Kriya Yoga Articles
- Lowenstein, Dr Keith & Lyndsey Anderson. Fast Tracking to Infinity: The Kriya Yoga of Ganesh Baba part 1, Yoga Magazine. June 2021.
- Lowenstein, Dr Keith & Lyndsey Anderson. The Four Vs of Ganesh Baba’s Kriya Yoga & Sacred Scriptures part 2, Yoga Magazine. July 2021.
- Lowenstein, Dr Keith & Lyndsey Anderson. Ganesh Baba’s Cycle of Synthesis. You, the Universe, & Kriya Yoga part 3, Yoga Magazine. August 2021.
Suggested Kriya Yoga Books
- Benson, H. Your Maximum Mind. New York: Random House, 1987.
- Davis, R. E. The Science of Self-Realization, A Guide to Spiritual Practice in the Kriya Yoga Tradition. Lakemont, Ga.: CSA Press, 2004.
- Gupta, R .K. A Yoga of Indian Classical Dance: The Yogini’s Mirror. Rochester, Vt.: Inner Traditions International, 2000.
- Hariharananda, S. Kriya Yoga. Orissa, India: Swami Hariharananda Giri. 1981.
- Lowenstein, K. “Meditation and Self-Regulatory Techniques.” In Handbook of Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Mental Health, edited by Scott Shannon. Cambridge, Mass.: Academic Press, 2001.
- Mascaró, Juan, trans. The Bhagavad Gita. New York: Penguin Books, 1962.
- Neuhaus, E. B. The Crazy Wisdom of Ganesh Baba: Psychedelic Sadhana, Kriya Yoga, Kundalini, and the Cosmic Energy in Man. Rochester, Vt.: Inner Traditions, 2010.
- O’Brian, E. G. The Jewel of Abundance: Finding Prosperity through the Ancient Wisdom of Yoga. Novato, Calif.: New World Library, 2018.
- Prajanananada, P. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Vienna, Austria: Prajna Publication, 2011.
- Porges, S. W. “Polyvagal Safety: Attachment, Communication, Self-Regulation” .W. W. Norton & Company (September 7, 2021)
- Rahula, W. What the Buddha Taught. New York: Grove Press, 1959.
- Rama, S., R. Ballentine, and A. Hymes. Science of the Breath. Honsdale, Pa.: Himalayan Institute, 1979.
- Sivanada, S. The Science of Pranayama. Himalayas, India: The Divine Life Society, 1978.
- ———. Science of Yoga. Vol. 8 of Raja Yoga. Durban: Sivananda Press, 1974.
- Taimni. IK. The Science of Yoga. Quest Books;1961
- Vivekananda, S. Raja Yoga. New York: Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Center, 1973.
- Wyder, H. Kriya Yoga: Four Spiritual Masters and a Beginner. Steyning, U.K.: Kriya Source Publishing, 2014.
- Yogananda, P. Autobiography of a Yogi, 6th ed. Los Angeles: Self-Realization Fellowship, 1955.
- Yukteswar, S. The Holy Science. Los Angeles: Self-Realization Fellowship, 1977.
There are many online videos about pranayama. The following sites have authentic pranayama exercises. None of the descriptions are complete or without error, but they are still very good. Look at some videos and get a general idea of what good pranayama looks like.
- Kapalbhati step by step explanation – Michaël Bijker – YouTube
- Kavita Maharaj on pranayama is available at the following link. She is an excellent instructor. Relax24 – YouTube
- Self-Realization Fellowship, 3880 San Rafael Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90065. Kriya yoga formed by Paramahansa Yoganand
- Kriya Yoga Institute, P.O. Box 924615, Homestead, FL 33092-4615. Kriya Yoga instruction by Paramahansa Prajnanananda disciple of Paramahansa Hariharananda who was disciple of Sri Yukteswar.
- Rajahamsa Swami Nityananda Giri, Lakshman Jhula, Rishikesh, disciple of Paramahansa Hariharananda. See Rajahamsa Kriya and Nityananda Giri Kriya Yoga websites.
- Center for Spiritual Awareness, P.O. Box 7, Lakemont, Georgia 30552.
- Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, 1146 University Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95126.
- Sri Rangin Mukherjee. See Original Kriya website.
- Himalayan Yoga Tradition (HYT), The Meditation Center, 631 University Avenue N.E., Minneapolis, MN 55413 or AHYMSIN., 744 Goldenroad Street, Escondido, CA 92027.
- The Bihar School of Yoga Founded in 1964 by Sri Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
- Ananda Village, 14618 Tyler Foote Rd., Nevada City, California, 95959.
- Yoga Niketan.